Monday, April 20, 2009

Bad habits

Still smarting from the recent encounter with the in-laws has resulted in too much eating, drinking and a distinct drop in loving(ness) and bedroom action. The beloved is currently the beloved idiot since his parents are bl**dy idiots. This is a BAD habit to have developed.

I need to lose the anger about them and forget the Easter weekend episode. I've been given great advice about limiting my number of visits to them and I will use the magic number of 4 as my annual allowance. However, I'm wondering how I can manage a minute in their company given it 10 days later and I'm still smarting. Letting go is my number one priority and I intend to focus on a challenge to distract my mind from wandering down those already formed channels.

3 comments:

  1. I really feel for you. I think limiting the number the times you see them will really help.
    Hugs, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel. I have the same bad relationship with my in-laws too. You’re not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what they are. Still we have to respect our in laws. But there are times that you just can’t control yourself until you explode! And boom! The war will pierce into deep, deep that no matter how hard you try, you just can’t get to forget. And if you can’t forget it’s just so hard to forgive. Eventually it’s still a bad habit. For your partners sake you have to forgive.

    ReplyDelete