Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yes we all say that!

A friend and I were enjoying a much needed catch up. It was lovely to note that her love affair was progressing well and they were in the heady throws of purchasing a house. Ever the concerned friend I asked what her in-laws to be were like. The gushing reply of how nice they were and supportive cast me back to my own pre officially the ******* are my in-laws stage.

What happens? Before they officially become your in-laws they seem amusing, kind, considerate and quite the catch along with your beau. Even when you get it all the wrong way round and have child first and official wedding ceremony second there is no hint of what is to come. The shadow of doubt happens when the first photo to hit the sideboard after the ceremony, is not you and your beloved but them and your beloved! Because on the sideboard is a frame containing a photo of your husband, his sister, his mother and his father. You are not in the picture - literally.

Mmm, you think oh well they are waiting for the official photos and when these are available to choose they finally get round to one but you know they really wanted to choose the one of their son all on his own because they told you so! 'Oh we really liked the one of X but we choose this one of you both'. Gee thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about all this. I’m so glad we have someone who knows exactly how, we wives feel with our in laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this and enjoy reading this blog. This is coincidence, my husband and I live separate lives right for the last two weeks now all because of my in laws. Now I totally understand what you mean. Thanks for enlightening.

    ReplyDelete